Eager to get back to work after raising my children, I joined the Communication faculty in 2003. I pride myself on empowering students with the life skill of public speaking, despite their anxiety and to witness their personal growth from sharing experiences with their peers. In many cases it is clear they realize the importance of skills and techniques they learn can be useful in their future endeavors. The community of HCC is a wonderful place to work and facilitate learning.
- BA, University of Maryland College Park
- MA, Notre Dame of Maryland University
Research InterestsStudying written and video recounts of public speaking engagements such as: Informative, Persuasive and Impromptu speeches and Toasts.
Scholarly/Creative WorkGribbin, Cynthia D. “Bono’s Simple Message: Give Back” Harford Community Action. Fall 2005. Vol.1 No.2.
Gribbin, Cynthia D. Presentation on Psychological Studies. March 2018. TUNE.
- CMST 101 Speech Fundamentals
- CMST 105 Interpersonal Communication
- CMST 106 Business Communication
- Present the principles of effective communication.
- Demonstrate the principles of effective speech preparation and delivery.
- Demonstrate awareness of the communication revolution and information explosion and beyond.