Stephanie A. Hallock, Ph.D.
I grew up in Havre de Grace, spent 15 years expanding my education and experiences in the US and abroad, and returned to Harford County in 2002 to build my family. Teaching at HCC allows me to help my community build connections between ourselves and the world around us. My goal is to inspire students to recognize and contribute their unique talents to civic engagement projects at all levels of society.
- BA, Roanoke College
- MA, Virginia Polytechnic and State University
- PhD, University of Miami
- Experiential learning pedagogy
- Global education and engagement
- The evolution of democratic processes
Scholarly/Creative WorkHallock, S. (2020) Active Learning in the IR Classroom with the Statecraft IR Simulation. (pre-conference workshop) APSA Teaching & Learning Conference. NM: Albuquerque.
Hallock, S. and Wohlers, T. (2019). Democracies Under Siege? The Relationship Between Electoral politics and Political Mobilization Associated with Right Wing Political Parties. (panel presentation) 77th MPSA Conference, Illinois: Chicago.
Sami, F. & Hallock, S. (2017). A Global Learning Infusion for Introduction to Statistics. MathAMATYC Educator, 8(3).
Hallock, S. (2013). The World in the Twentieth Century: A Thematic Approach. Prentice-Hall.
- PS101: American National Government
- PS201: Introduction to International Relations
- HIST202: Twentieth Century World
- Political Science
- Global Education and Engagement