TEAS NURSING PLACEMENT TESTING
Successful completion of the TEAS test is a requirement for admission to the Harford Community College Nursing Program. The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) is a multiple-choice assessment of basic skills in the academic content areas of Reading, Mathematics, Science and English and Language usage and is offered only to students applying to Harford's nursing program who have: registered for the current or upcoming semester OR who have earned three credits at Harford Community College.
Registration typically opens in July for testing in August and in November for testing in January.
- Access the registration page. Register for TEAS online proctored by institution.
- Read all the information carefully.
- The total test cost is $102.
- Registration closes 24 hours before the testing date or when available seats are full.
- Students preparing to take the TEAS test must set up an account through ATI and enter a valid Harford Student ID number (example: H123456) in your profile page prior to testing.
- Once registered, you will receive an email with information regarding your test and assessment IDs.
- If you are not able to test during Harford's specified times (online remote proctored) you may test through TEAS at PSI or TEAS at ATI.
- Test scores are valid for two years and are available online upon test completion. Log in to ATI to obtain your scores. Harford Community College will use the highest Adjusted Individual Score. You must have a minimum score of 58.7 to apply to Harford’s nursing program. Contact your nursing advisor for more information.
- Students may complete the TEAS three times within a year. Scores from additional attempts will not be accepted.
- If you tested at another school, you may request to have your scores sent to Harford for a fee. The request should be made through the ATI store by selecting the TEAS Transcript option. TEAS scores sent via paper copy or attached with the application form will not be accepted.
- Login to ATI account 30 minutes prior to the start of the test if you wish to complete a dry run before testing.
- Have your valid photo ID, a writing utensil, and ONE piece of scrap paper.
- Ensure computer and internet connection are working well.
- Be in a quiet, well-lit space.
For Remote Proctored Tests:
If you experience technical issues during the assessment, contact Proctorio directly via the chat option in the Quiz Tools window.