group of students listening to instruction

Apply to Harford

College is one of the most exciting times of your life and to be honest, we can't wait to help you get started.

If you are taking a non-credit class or program you do NOT have to fill out an application to the College. Registration for noncredit classes can be found here.

All credit students must submit an application to attend Harford Community College. It only takes a few minutes to complete and there is no application fee. If you need to pause while filling it out, everything will be saved so you can return to it later. Make sure you have your personal information (Social Security Number OR Individual Tax Identification Number, Mailing Address, Phone Numbers, Email), emergency contact information, and intended program of study (your major) before you begin.

After submitting your application, expect to receive an electronic acceptance letter, typically within one week, via the personal email address you provided on the application.

Have questions? Click the orange chat icon in the lower left corner to live chat with an admissions rep or to leave a message for them during off hours. Click here to schedule a virtual appointment with Admissions.

Special Requirements

Although most students will complete the standard application, there are specific requirements for students who fall into one of the categories below. If you are one of those students, refer to the dropdown instructions before you begin. 


Those who plan to use VA benefits or any tpe of military funding to attend Harford Community College should complete the standard College application and indicate their military affiliation where required. Once the application has been submitted, refer to the Military, Veterans and Families page for your next steps.

Students who are returning to Harford after more than two years, need to submit an application to reactivate your account. Your HCC ID and email address are the same as when you attended previously.

Students wishing to apply to the nursing program should refer to Apply to Nursing for complete nursing admission details.

Harford County Public School Students:
Review the Dual Enrollment info for HCPS students and contact your school counselor before proceeding.

All Students:

Fill out the Harford Community College application.  This is a one-time process while you are in high school. If you have already taken a dual enrollment course you may skip this step.
NOTE: Your social security number will be required. 

You will receive an acceptance email, via the address you provided on your application, within 5 business days. If you do not receive the email, email admissions with your full name and birthdate 

Enrollment Steps for prospective students under the age of 16*:

  1. Apply to the college as a Dual Enrolled Student
  2. After being accepted, the student will be sent a message to their personal email address from Donna Meek, Admissions Specialist, with information about the admission process and next steps.
  3. Students will need to prove college readiness* by taking the Accuplacer and test into college level for reading, writing, and math prior to meeting with an Academic Advisor, unless they are planning to only enroll in a PE class.
*Proving College Readiness with qualifying test scores meets COMAR (state) regulations on college admission for students under the age of 16: "Students under 16 years of age are not to be admitted to an institution of higher education, unless they are deemed 'gifted and talented'." Harford Community College defines gifted and talented as any student under the age of 16 who can assess at college level reading, writing and math."

Before applying to Harford Community College, out-of-state online students must read and agree to the terms and information set forth by the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreements. If you have questions, please contact Admissions at 443.412.2109 or before you apply.

Permanent Residents, Refugees, and Asylees of the U.S. are strongly encouraged to complete an Application for Admission in person at the Admissions Office. Applicants MUST provide proof of their valid immigration status in person to complete their application. Photocopies of immigration documents will not be accepted.

Applicants who hold visas in a category other than F-1 (student visa), such as B-1/B-2, J-1, H-1B, MUST complete a paper Application for Admission and present proof of their valid immigration status in person at the time of application. Photocopies of immigration documents will not be accepted.

Applicants who are undocumented non-US citizens—individuals that do not have valid documentation of their immigration status—MUST complete a paper Application for Admission and will be charged the out-of-state tuition rate. Maryland Senate Bill 167 (also known as the MD Dream Act) provides the opportunity for some undocumented non-U.S. citizens who attended high school in Maryland to receive in-state tuition (in-county or out-of-county tuition rates). In order to qualify for this exemption, please refer to the Eligibility Guidelines of the MD Dream Act.

International Students must complete an International Student Application.

Applying for an F-1 visa

Learn about admissions requirements for students currently living outside of the U.S. and for international athletes (new and transfer students).

Transferring to HCC

Transfer requirements for current F-1 students in the U.S. who wish to transfer to Harford Community College.

Other Non-U.S. Citizens

Application information for other non-U.S. citizens, including Permanent Residents and Refugees/Asylees.

Applying for a COS

Find out the admissions requirements and steps for applying for a Change of Status (COS) from your current nonimmigrant visa to F-1.

Visiting F-1 Students

Application information and requirements for F-1 students at another college who wish to take one class at Harford Community College.

Jeanne Goss, Academic Advisor for Admissions and PDSO (Primary Designated SEVIS Official)