Harford Leadership Academy
Developing leaders for more than 30 years.
Co-sponsored by Harford Community College and the Harford County Chamber of Commerce, Harford Leadership Academy (HLA) is designed to promote the development of existing and emerging leaders and to create a committed, involved, and diverse network within Harford County. Through the Academy, future leaders are given the unique opportunity to learn from those who are leading today. They, their organizations, and our entire community benefit. as participants gain the knowledge and skills to lead Harford County through the 21st century. To date, nearly 1000 individuals representing business, industry, education, government and civic organizations have completed this outstanding program.
About Harford Leadership Academy
- To identify, educate, motivate, and develop potential community leaders
- To expose program participants to the challenges our community faces and the opportunities that are available for community growth
- To provide a communications network between present and future community leaders
- To promote leadership on a planned, continuing basis for the development of our community
To be a network of committed, involved, diverse graduates of the Harford Leadership Academy, supporting the mission and vision of the Academy.
Through a united effort, apply the principles learned in the Harford Leadership Academy to impact current community challenges while utilizing all opportunities to make a difference in the quality of life in Harford County.
- To schedule meetings informing alumni of new and continuing challenges and opportunities for Harford County
- To promote involvement of Academy Alumni, personally and collaboratively, in leadership roles to address the challenges and opportunities
- To provide a communication network between present and future community leaders
- To promote leadership on a planned, continuing basis for the betterment of Harford County